06 September, 2013

Family Day for Dad's Work

Ok, so we have been a military family for about 4 1/2 yrs at this point.  That means I have had the pleasure of attending the "we love families" day at Chris' work several times.  This year's was very pleasant because again it was held just off the water on Hickam.  We love the area so much and visit it often for no other reason than the amazing view.
All of these family days are not the same.  In Sumter they were usually at a picnic area just beyond the parking lot of Chris' building.  We would eat, laugh, and play corn hole.  Here we eat, laugh, and listen to live music.  The group is much larger and the food is not provided by the families and the unit, it seems to be catered.  It's so yummy even though I couldn't get V to eat anything.  I swear he is our pickiest eater.  That's saying a lot since Eve barely eats meat and Lizzy loves to live on liquids alone.  
our view


This is what I look like when the kids are fed and happy and all the garbage from our picnic is gone.  I'm relaxed, happy, and usually a bit sleepy.  Hey, I'm full, I'm relaxed, my kids are safe and happy, and I'm sitting under a giant tree with an ocean breeze in the middle of September!

Normally the kids picking up random creatures is not such a big deal that I take pictures.  But for those of you who know my girlie girl, Eve, you know her picking up ANYTHING that remotely looks like a bug is not on her list of things to do.  So, here's my Eve picking up a crab and playing with it.  Maybe this ocean air is good for her.  Picking up creatures is a normal, healthy activity for kids.
 she was very proud - so was I



No comments: